For more than 125 years, Neighborhood House has been a home-away-from-home for families in West Louisville. Founded in 1896 as the first settlement house in Kentucky, Neighborhood House is now a modern community hub for our neighbors, who we call members. With opportunities ranging from the Child Development Center to senior programming, we like to say that we see members “from the twinkle to the wrinkle."
201 N 25th St
Louisville, KY 40212
To find out about the change happening within (and outside) our walls, learn more about our programs and check out our latest Annual Report.
Neighborhood House families are thriving.
Supporting families by creating a community of opportunity, where together we are:
- connecting to one another
- connecting to resources
- breaking down barriers
- advocating for change
- investing in futures
- We practice EQUITY
- We ensure BELONGING and UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE
- We build success through RELATIONSHIPS
- We are ACCOUNTABLE
- We are relentlessly COURAGEOUS
- We find, create, and celebrate JOY
What does it mean to practice equity?
- Acknowledge the historic inequities that have created current conditions.
- Embrace and celebrate the lived experience of Neighborhood House members, staff, board members, and partners.
- Shine a light on injustice; advocate for change and a more equitable future.
To remain in compliance with our health insurance, Neighborhood House is transparent about our health plan coverage: https://developers.humana.com/Cost-Transparency